Video game find of the century: Conker’s Bad Fur Day and a collector’s edition Majora’s Mask for $80 total. To say that I’m freaking out would be a minor understatement.
not-enough-young-in-his-lungs tagged me in this thing where you post five facts about yourself, and then tag a few of your favorite followers for them to do the same. Also, I just learned that you can tag people on Tumblr now. Anyway I’m terrible at these so HERE WE GO
1. I work at a very well known games retailer. People often Stop there to buy Games. It may seem like a fun job, like yay I get to be around video games all day, but it is really just as awful as any other corporate-run retail/customer service gig.
2. I am really, very socially anxious. It’s not even just crowds, it’s interacting with people in any way. Sometimes the thought of leaving my house for work throws me into a near panic attack. In retrospect, customer service was probably a poor job choice.
3. I was bullied a lot as a kid, all the way through high school (and even in college, though “bullying” takes on a slightly different form at that level). It was about a lot of different things: the way I speak, my weight at the time, my all-around awkwardness, the minor mental breakdown I had in the middle of class once, you know. Normal bully stuff. I learned pretty quick though that if I could laugh at myself, it hurt a little less when other people laughed at me too.
4. I when to a two-year college right out of high school and graduated with honors. When I moved on to a “real” school, however, I hated it. When I (rarely) bothered to go to class it only served to reinforce my hate, so I mostly stayed locked up in my room all pathetic-like. I dropped out after my first semester and never looked back. Maybe I’ll go back to school someday, but not any time in the forseeable future. I still don’t even know what I want to DO.
5. This one is probably pretty common (and not very interesting), but hand in hand with the social anxiety, I live in constant fear that no one actually likes me. I basically just assume that people at most tolerate me, because I don’t think that I am very likable (and maybe a little boring).
So there’s that!
Alright guys, full disclosure time. I recently signed up to be an Affiliate for one of my favorite websites, Shana Logic! If you click on that link there (or the photo above) and order something, I make a small amount of commission. Getting paid to talk up one of my favorite places on the internet sounds pretty stellar to me.
I have literally been buying from Shana Logic for years, both for myself and for others. All the product there is made by independent artists, and it’s all so unique. Every order you place helps the artists fund their crafts, and there’s really nothing better than supporting someone who makes something beautiful.
For example, Tyler got me this absolutely gorgeous little glass fox pendent for Christmas back when it was still Christmas time, and I can’t get enough of him. I get more compliments on him than I do on any other piece of jewelry I own. Aaaaand he’s actually on sale right now so if you’re jealous (you should be) and want one (you do) now is the time to snag one.
There is also a banner on my blog that you can click through to order from, too! Definitely think about giving Shana Logic a look, the stuff on there is really just incredible. :D